Spring has sprung!
Happy Easter everyone! Here are this week's tasks ...
- Concentrate on tricky words for Phase 3; he, she, we, me, be, you, all, are, her, was, they, my. Remember these are called 'tricky words' because we can't sound them out. Write them on individual pieces of paper and use them as flash cards, write them in chalk on the ground, use flour/shaving foam and write them using your finger.
- Work on letter formation for the letters; s, a, t, p. Practice writing them on the line, facing the right way and then draw items that begin with that letter.
- Keep a weather diary. Write a sentence and draw a picture to record what the weather is like each day.
- Watch the clip on Cbeebies, Let's Celebrate about the Easter story. Write about what happened and draw a picture.
- Work on number formation for the numbers 5-9. Make sure they are facing the right way! Can you draw that many objects next to the number?
- Lots of insects are appearing outside, play the ladybird spot game on the Topmarks website.
- Try a spot of bird watching. Have a look out of a window can you spot any birds? Make a tally chart or record on a piece of paper how many you spot in a specific time.
- Maths Challenge:
How about looking at objects and sorting them according to their size.
Find a pair of shoes for everyone in your family.
Who has a bigger pair than your shoes?
Does anyone have a smaller pair than yours?
Put them in order of biggest to smallest.
You can do this challenge with lots of things around the house, feet, socks or hands. What else can you find to put in order of size?
Don’t forget you can draw what you have found.